If you require legal advice about your situation, there are a number of services available to help you find a lawyer. Click on the links below for more information.
Lawyer Referral Service
If you need legal advice on a landlord and tenant matter, the Lawyer Referral Service through the Law Society of Alberta can provide you with the names of three lawyers who practice residential tenancies law in your area. Please note that lawyers through this service generally charge for their services. Call 1-800-661-1095 for more information.
Legal Clinics – Tenants Only
Legal advice may be available free of charge to tenants who meet income guidelines from a student legal service:
- Student Legal Services, University of Alberta – (780) 492-2226
- Student Legal Assistance, University of Calgary – (403) 220-6637
Legal information and advice may be available to tenants with low incomes from these organizations:
- Calgary Legal Guidance – Calgary – (403) 234-9266
- The Women’s Centre of Calgary – Calgary – (403) 264-1155
- Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic – Red Deer and surrounding areas – (403) 314-9129
- Edmonton Community Legal Centre – Edmonton – (780) 702-1725
- Grande Prairie Legal Guidance – Grande Prairie – (780) 882-0036
- Lethbridge Legal Guidance – Lethbridge – (403) 380-6338