If you require legal advice about your situation, there are a number of services available to help you find a lawyer. Click on the links below for more information.
Law Society of Alberta Lawyer Directory
This is a database that allows people to find a lawyer using a certain search criteria. Individuals can find a lawyer by searching by name, location, practice areas, language(s) spoken, gender, and weather a lawyer offers a limited scope retainers.
Legal Clinics – Tenants Only
Legal advice may be available free of charge to tenants who meet income guidelines from a student legal service:
- Student Legal Services, University of Alberta – (780) 492-2226
- Student Legal Assistance, University of Calgary – (403) 220-6637
Legal information and advice may be available to tenants with low incomes from these organizations:
- Calgary Legal Guidance – Calgary – (403) 234-9266
- The Women’s Centre of Calgary – Calgary – (403) 264-1155
- Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic – Red Deer and surrounding areas – (403) 314-9129
- Edmonton Community Legal Centre – Edmonton – (780) 702-1725
- Ft McMurray Legal Clinic – (587) 674-2282
- Grande Prairie Legal Guidance – Grande Prairie – (780) 882-0036
- Lethbridge Legal Guidance – Lethbridge – (403) 380-6338