If You Need to Talk to Someone:
- Service Alberta: Their call centre can be accessed from anywhere across the province.
- Alberta Health Services’ Environmental Public Health: Contact for questions or complaints about the Minimum Housing and Health Standards.
If you need legal advice on a landlord and tenant matter, the Law Society of Alberta Lawyer Directory through the Law Society of Alberta can provide you with the names of lawyers who might be able to help. Please note that lawyers through this service generally charge for their services.
Legal advice may be available free of charge to people who meet income guidelines from a student legal service:
- Student Legal Services, University of Alberta – (780) 492-2226
- Student Legal Assistance, University of Calgary – (403) 220-6637
Free legal information and advice may also be available for individuals with low incomes from these organizations:
- Calgary Legal Guidance – Calgary – (403) 234-9266
- Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic – Red Deer – (403) 314-9129
- Edmonton Community Legal Centre – Edmonton – (780) 702-1725
- Grande Prairie Legal Guidance – Grande Prairie – (780) 882-0036
- Lethbridge Legal Guidance – Lethbridge – (403) 380-6338
- Ft McMurray Legal Clinic – Fort McMurray – (587) 674-2282